"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Sunday 11 September 2011

New Beginnings

As with a new day....I am starting a blog to coincide with my decision to change my career. I know there are many people in cyber space and probably no one will read this but at least I will give myself a forum for my thoughts.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kathryn and I am an English/ History teacher. I spent 5 years at home raising my kids when they were small but am in pursuit of a new job. I have been casual teaching full time for 3 years and am finding this a little boring. I am in need of a new challenge. I have spent this year retraining myself using interactive smartboards, Ebeam, Easiteach, Adobe and have spent much time creating website for teachers to help them use technology in the classroom specifically for their subject. I have come across lots of great websites and fun interactive tools teachers can use and incorporate to make their lessons engaging and fun.

I have also been spending much time reading and thinking about current theories in education and think these ideas. such as BLP- Building Learning Power (Guy Claxton) can be incorporating with new technology to give students the ability to be life long, confident learners.

I will need to complete a Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment to be able to become a trainer of these types of Education Products. I plan to Blog each week to see how I am going with my goal to teach students and teachers how new technology can be an effective way to help students learn.

Until next week,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment