"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Monday 21 October 2013

A world of opportunity

I can't believe I have left my blog for so long. It's terrible. I have missed it. I must say. I tried to do a brain dump of all my ideas on my holiday but it just wasn't the same.

I went on a holiday to the USA with the family and whilst it was very busy it did give me time to step back from things and look at things in a new light. I had forgotten that I am an adrenaline junkie and love roller coasters. The scarier the better. I love the thrill and adventure and you know sometimes you just have to take life by the horns and go for it!

There are so many pressures on teachers and I admit at times I have really struggled to keep up with everything. Marking, lesson prep, feedback, coordinator role, getting ready for audit and working on my Graduate Certificate in Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy. I really felt swamped and not sure where to begin. Well unfortunately I still feel like that. Yet dangling like a carrot in front of me is a world of opportunity.

I had so missed my random surfing the net that I just allowed myself time to cruz the other day. I love exploring new apps and looking at new and different trends. Last week I dived into the inner workings of Symbaloo and completed about 1/2 of the course to become a certified trainer. Was good to put my brain in a different space to think. The world of technology appears to me to be stabilizing and moving forward at the same time. There are things in the world of tech that are now becoming so familiar. Yet I still love to be surprised by new things or new apps or ways of doing things. Twitter, Facebook and Google are staples yet there is growing interest in other areas.

                                                  



As the end of the year approaches it is the constant uncertainty about next. I always hope I will have work for next year but there are a few hairy weeks when you have no idea. I'm in that phase at the moment. I also like this time of year to reflect upon what worked and what didn't work.

I have been thinking that next year I really should build on my business. I have now run two training sessions from the courses I have been accredited to teach by the NSW Teachers Institute and they were a great success. They want to do further courses with me. I can see that there is a market I just have no idea how to get in to it. I need to work out how I can get into this market.

I can't put all my eggs in one basket and I need to look for further opportunities for employment. I feel a lot more comfortable now in the adult learning space and I have the confidence to go forward whereas before I was unsure. So I need to take these opportunities and be excited by the unexpected places I might be taken to.

Until next time,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment