"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Thursday 1 December 2011

Bit off more than I can chew

Have had a bit of a frustrating week. I think I set my goals too high from last week and I kind of crashed and burned. The student course didn't go real well as the students were too tired to pay too much attention at the end of the day. However I am not going to let that get me down. I thought my Shingles were coming back so I have had to have a day of R & R. In saying that I still managed to almost finish my Cert IV. This time next week it will all be done! Hurray.

Have realised that as I have been working on my Cert IV I am dropping into the lingo a little easier. Instead of students we have learners or canditates. Instead of 'in class today..', we have ' in this training session'. Just takes a little to adjust to a few changes.

Had another call from TAFE. Now they want me to teach HSC English. Very excited. My mind has been a whirl as to how I can include technology into the course. So excited. This means that I can put into practice all my great ideas and test them out before I run my training sessions.


Have been exploring how to incorporate Apple Education Apps. Have had very little time to play lately but am looking forward to having a play with that next week. Found a great website http://ilearn.empowerbpo.com/2011/11/100-ipad-apps-perfect-for-high-school.html . 100 ipad apps for education. Will have lots fun thinking of classroom applications for these apps. Yet again Twitter provides me with great ideas.

Have had a few staff members from other facualties ask if they can sit in on the training session on Monday. Am taking that as a really good sign. Must make sure my course is really tight so they can get lots out of it. Will have to have a play with Jing again this weekend to make sure I don't have any trouble uploading my videoes to a google site as I demonstrate on the day. Best to make sure it all works before I have to demonstrate it.

So.. this week not so many goals. One goal. Finish Cert IV. Hanging by my fingernails.

Until next week,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment