"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Thursday 29 December 2011

New Years Resolutions

This really is a most thoughtful time of year. I suppose some of the things I have been pondering off late is how can I get the best learning environment for my students. It is of course very hard to cater to all students needs but I am wondering how the learning needs of adults will be different to that of teenagers. I guess I will find out sooner rather than later. I have been getting a little stressed as I feel as though I won't be ready for when term starts but I think the best approach is to take one day at a time. 
                "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."


This week I also joined the South Pacific Book Chat http://spbkchat.blogspot.com/ on twitter #spbkchat. It was wonderful to see what others in the Asia Pacific area are reading at the moment. Apart from reading lots of education blogs and research I am an avid book lover. I enjoyed the whole experience and I didn't find the tweets were coming too fast that I couldn't follow the discussion. All in all I think it would be a good technique to use in the classroom. Was pleased I had a chance to test drive the experience first. 


It looks like I maybe running a training session on Google Sites at my new job for the other teachers. I am really enjoying every opportunity I get to train and encourage other teachers with how they can use technology to engage, inform and inspire their students. 


Have been thinking more about the logo for the business. I think I need to make it very simple. Plain colour, plain writing. Still working on that one. Thanks for the feedback. 


A couple of interesting sites I came upon this week were; Historypin http://www.historypin.com/ and Digital Docs in a Box http://www.digitaldocsinabox.org/ History Pin allows you to add pictures, audio, video and text to an event in history. Digital Docs in a box guides you through the process of making a documentary. Both useful for teachers and perhaps some creative parents to work on a project with their kids. 


My hope for this year is first and for most, make it through without losing the plot. I am very excited about my new business. There is a lot to be done to really get it up and running however I know I can do it. It will be hard to juggle new job, new company and family commitments but I am always up for a challenge. 


I pray you all have a safe and happy new year. Thanks for following my blog and I look forward to sharing with you some more next year. 


Until next year,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment