"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Thursday 26 January 2012

Addictive inspiration

This last week has been a week of mixed emotions. I had my first mini meltdown thinking I wouldn't cope with work, family, life. Thankfully God steered my right back on track. Silly me, the year hasn't even started yet. I wish I would take my own advice more often and just take one day at a time.




I decided to go to work this week and get myself a little more settled into TAFE. Having spent quite a lot of time reading about what I need to teach it has been good to talk to colleagues and get a reality check as to what I have got myself in for. I have spent much time listening, absorbing my new work environment and ended the last few days asleep on the lounge at 9pm. I have heard the most wonderful stories from teachers who have had students succeed and go onto uni. Some of these students studied whilst they were homeless and in terrible situations. The emotional connections these teachers have to these disadvantage students has inspired me to see that compassion has such an important place in the learning journey. Story after story I listened to and I was drawn into these stories through great story telling and through passion and dedication of these teachers to see their students succeed. There is a whole lot of heart in teaching and that's important.


Had a great opportunity to run one of my Twitter workshops with a good friend and she became all revved up and inspired to continue her learning journey in France. http://happyhourwithollia.wordpress.com/


Being inspired by others really does spur you on to inspire those around you to be creative, make connections, be committed and persevere with those things that are important.




Haven't had a lot of time to surf the net but here are two favorites I have found:
Smartboard's Touch Controlling ipad 2-Sneak Peak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUjvLOJJugk&feature=youtu.be


Writing Prompts
http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/


I do hope that if you are a teacher you can be inspired by not only your students but your colleagues and open yourself up to the joy of sharing your learning journey with others.


Until next week,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment